Friday, September 21, 2012

My Most Intense Wallet Yet!

    Although this may look like an accessory for spring or summer it's seriously starting to cool off here in Ontario. I wish I was joking but earlier this week there was frost on the ground when I woke up, it must have been around 50 degrees. So, in the spirit of the last day of summer, I present you this super out of season floral wallet!


    This wallet was a custom order and there was a lot of customization. I can't even take credit for finding the fabric, it just showed up in my mailbox. All I had to get from the store was matching thread and a zipper and such. 



    First off, I used two button snaps instead of one magnetic snap for the closure. This was to allow room on the flap for ten addition card slots, and room on the front for a windowed card slot for an ID card.

    The accordion almost looks the same as always, but there are in fact four(instead of three) divider panels. This gives the wallet six sections compared to the normal five. There are still six card slots and a paper currency pocket behind the zipper pocket.
 

    On the back there is a slot style pocket for loose papers that you might want quick access to, such as a shopping or errand list. There is no closure device on this pocket.


    The front flap had to be slightly longer to accommodate the additional card slots. It was also requested that the wallet be a little big longer than normal as well. It's finished size is about 8 1/2" by 5", by 1 1/2" wide.



    This was by far my most challenging custom order to date, but I feel so accomplished with how well it turned out. Perhaps now I should embrace the season and make a fall themed wallet... Thanks for looking! 

Comments/Criticisms welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Those who have never known the deep intimacy and the intense companionship of mutual love have missed the best thing that life has to give. See the link below for more info.


    #intense
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete